Thursday 23 February 2012

Reason for the Change of Name

I am sorry to those of my friends who found it difficult to find this blog yesterday and today. Because there was a change in the name.

Let me explain! I wanted to give it a name that justified what I wanted to do here. And I wanted to mirror my mental processes here - the way the mind works - making its way from one thought pattern into another (due to something common or uncommon between the two. I haven't been able to find a reason until now :) ). Not all the time though. I wanted to pick and choose and put that material here.

When it came to giving my blog a name getting the right name was really hard. I wanted to name it "stream of consciousness" - taking clue form Virginia Woolf and her novel "To The Lighthouse". But I doubted that I would be able to do so. And I was right. This name was already taken. Not only this name but its different variants as well. So I named it "Streamline of Thoughts"; knowing full well  that "streamline" was a completely different word with a different meaning. But since it sounded in part like the one I wanted I chose it.

Only yesterday it dawned upon me that I could have used 'streaming' instead. Thinking of this I just changed it - conscious of the trouble it would create for my friends.

Now this new name is here to stay, insha Allah (God-willing).

No comments:

Post a Comment