Tuesday 28 February 2012

He has no one but Allah!


The other day I went to Glasgow. At the train station I went into the WHSmith and began checking through the magazine section. There I saw a book which showed a Christian priest blessing a child. One of the excerpts from the article read: “This child has no one except the Lord.” I hope I quoted it correctly.

When I read this, I remembered that we just think the same way in Pakistan and I am sure this approach is there in many other Muslim countries as well. When someone is in real trouble we say that this person has no one except Allah. Implying thereby that he should be pitied.

In my view this sentence steers us towards “shirk”, rather not to mince my words: It is “Shirk”. Because when we say so we put the people or things right against Allah.

Just think for a moment and decide. Do we need someone else other than Allah for our help? Is someone more powerful than Allah? Can someone from this fickle world take better care of our needs than Allah does? NO! And absolutely no!

Though there are people who help us in this world. There are powers here that we fall back on when there is a problem. But all these things are also sent by Allah. The above sentence that is on the carpet only serves to take these people/things to the status of God na’aoozubillah.

I believe when there is such a situation where there is no one on this earth to look after us only then we should be most happy. Because then there will “only” be Allah. And he will give us / bless us/ help us that befits His status. He is the Ultimate Help. This can be understood in this way that if we go and ask for help from a District officer and then we go, say, to the Chief Minister for help, these two will help us in different ways because of the sources that they have. But if there is only Allah and we look only towards Him and wait for His blessings to come then obviously we will be helped in the best way simply because Allah is the Owner of all sources (Malik-ul-Mulk). He is the Creator of all sources (Khaliq) and he is the the Rehman, the Raheem and the Wakeel.

So if we have no one but Allah for our help then we should rejoice that he has taken in His hands to help us. Though even the worldly help comes from Allah, yet in the case above it is directly related to Allah without any “waseela” in between.

So we are not to pitied. Rather finding ourselves in an identical situation we should be over the moon.

(Please do correct me if you think I am wrong. Jazak A)

No comments:

Post a Comment